Good habits are hard to form but easy to live with.
Zoom In is an action oriented, educational approach program, where clients learn new and adaptive ways to replace old and maladaptive behaviors. Self-efficacy is in the core of Zoom In. It is the individual’s belief or expectation that he or she can master a situation and bring about desired change. We focus on changing clients cognition (thoughts and beliefs about food) that maintain bad eating habits. Our clients’ goal is central in Zoom In and our emphasis is on reaching their goals as well as helping our clients maintain changes over time.
“I’m not telling you it is going to be easy,
I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”
– Art Williams
Obesity is reversible.
Lifestyle is not “another diet”.
What can you learn with us?
What defeats your weight loss
- Drinks – High Calorie Drinks, Drinking with Meals
- Why should one drink without thirst?
- Eat your drink (fresh fruits and vegetables contain 90% of water
- Eating – Healthy eating has two angles – How to Eat and What to Eat
- How to eat:
- Eat only when hungry & have leisure to digest
- Hunger vs. Appetite
- Frequency of eating matters
- Malnutrition (Too much food rather than lack of food)
- Portion Size
- What to eat:
- Fresh vs. Processed food
- One of the most important things to remember is processed food’s oxygen content is stripped away….
- How to eat:
- Emotional hunger cannot be filled with food
- Emotional eating doesn’t fix emotional problems
- Diets so often fail because they offer logical nutritional advice, as if the only thing keeping you from eating right is knowledge…..learn other ways to feed your feelings
- Alternatives to emotional eating
- Sleeps affects cravings and weight gain
- Lack of sleep has direct link to stress and overeating
- As well as making it harder to fight food cravings, feeling tired can also increase your stress levels, leading to more emotional eating
Weight Loss Plateau
- Weight loss plateau are very common and are to be expected
- A weight loss plateau is a period of time during which your body weight remains at the same level for three weeks
- Water retention
- Calorie creeps – eating more calories than you think (mindless eating, eating out at restaurants that serve huge portions, or simply condiments like dressings, spreads, sauces, and alcoholic beverages)
- Exercise is very beneficial and should become a priority as a healthy alternative to emotional eating, however, it is not CENTRAL to weight loss.
- What is CENTRAL to weight loss is:
N – Non
E – Exercise
A – Activity
T – Time = NEAT
“It is through gradual training that one reaches the goal: is this not an essential point? And you should not say to yourself, ‘Whether I practice or not makes no difference, I will never get there’. Set a target, set in motion the means to reach it, and step by step you will get there.” – Dalai Lama
“Everything is hard before it’s easy.” – Goethe
… And few months from now, you will thank yourself
Sign up on website or call our office at 904-389-8871. Ask for Zoom In coordinator if you need more details.
Join now and be excited! We can help you!